From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Keep DPMS off?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:06:08
1 > I'm running into a bug with xf86-video-intel and SNA that is causing X
2 > to crash whenever I close my laptop's lid. I can prevent it if I
3 > issue 'xset -dpms'. The problem is that xlockmore turns DPMS back on
4 > whenever it is executed. Is there any way to prevent this or work
5 > around it? Also, I've tried 'Option "DPMS" "false"' in xorg.conf and
6 > 'xserver-command=X -dpms' in lightdm.conf, but X always starts with
7 > DPMS on. man xlock references "if DPMS support was compiled in" but
8 > there is no USE flag for DPMS. Should I file a bug for that?
9 >
10 > 'xset q' (crashes):
11 >
12 > DPMS (Energy Star):
13 > Standby: 0 Suspend: 0 Off: 0
14 > DPMS is Enabled
15 > Monitor is On
16 >
17 > 'xset q' (doesn't crash):
18 >
19 > DPMS (Energy Star):
20 > Standby: 0 Suspend: 0 Off: 0
21 > DPMS is Disabled
22 >
23 > - Grant
24
25 It turns out xflock4 was enabling DPMS, not xlockmore. I commented
26 this line in /usr/bin/xflock4 and DPMS doesn't re-enable:
27
28 # xset dpms force off
29
30 Now I just need a way to disable DPMS (ie 'xset -dpms') on bootup. I
31 tried adding a script to /etc/local.d but it didn't work so whatever
32 else is enabling DPMS on bootup must be doing it after that script is
33 executed. Any ideas?
34
35 - Grant