From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reading the (SSL) traffic with Pale Moon, WAS: from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA? Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 08:00:57
1 On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 01:25:19PM +0100, Miroslav Rovis wrote
2
3 > And I'm very curious to learn how to install in Air-Gapped, from git,
4 > through intermediary action, that is acceptable, but in a verifiable
5 > way, as I asked in my other reply email to this message.
6
7 The Pale Moon project is located at...
8 https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon
9
10 The current release branch is "27.0_Relbranch". I'm not a programmer,
11 and I don't push commits back to the project. So I don't need the full
12 depth and history. The following command grabs the latest 27.0.x source
13 and downloads it to a directory pmsrc/ and only downloads what is needed
14 to do a build.
15
16 git clone -b 27.0_RelBranch --depth 1 https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon.git pmsrc
17
18 To save typing, I made a script "getcode". I merely have to type
19 ./getcode 27.0
20
21 The script consists of 2 lines...
22
23 #!/bin/bash
24 git clone -b "${1}_RelBranch" --depth 1 https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon.git pmsrc
25
26 Note that this picks up the latest git tag. You can force a specific
27 tag (e.g. 27.0.0 or 27.0.1 or 27.0.2) if you use the appropriate git
28 command. Once the the pmsrc/ subdirectory is populated, you can...
29
30 cp -r pmsrc/ <usb_stick>/pmsrc/
31
32 walk over to the air-gapped machine and...
33
34 cp -r <usb_stick>/pmsrc/ pmsrc/
35
36 and then do a "-march=native" build on the air-gapped machine.
39 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
40 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications