From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] easy Gentoo tricks
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 08:39:47
1 Am 25.11.2012 22:53, schrieb Grant:
2 > What are your favorite easy Gentoo tricks? Stuff that makes your system
3 > a lot better in some way with only a minimal amount of effort. I just
4 > discovered one for xfce4:
5 >
6 > emerge tumbler
7 >
8 > No other config. Really cool result.
9 >
10 > - Grant
11
12 cgroups are awesome to keep the system responsive under incredible load
13 (make -j64 and watching a video in parallel? Sure, why not). I'm still
14 looking for the best way to set them up, however.
15
16 Also, having a KDE setup that is slim enough to work on a second
17 generation netbook (terrible SSD, 512MB RAM) is something you can
18 probably not do with any other distribution.
19
20 Regards,
21 Florian Philipp