From: George Karagiannidis <g.karagiannidis@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] easy Gentoo tricks
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 08:51:20
1 Greetings.
2
3 Philipp, I am currently using XFCE and I would like to switch to KDE,
4 but I consider it a bit bloated :S. Do you mind sharing the way you
5 setup your KDE?
6
7 regards,
8 George Karagiannidis
9 On 11/26/2012 10:38 AM, Florian Philipp wrote:
10 > Am 25.11.2012 22:53, schrieb Grant:
11 >> What are your favorite easy Gentoo tricks? Stuff that makes your system
12 >> a lot better in some way with only a minimal amount of effort. I just
13 >> discovered one for xfce4:
14 >>
15 >> emerge tumbler
16 >>
17 >> No other config. Really cool result.
18 >>
19 >> - Grant
20 > cgroups are awesome to keep the system responsive under incredible load
21 > (make -j64 and watching a video in parallel? Sure, why not). I'm still
22 > looking for the best way to set them up, however.
23 >
24 > Also, having a KDE setup that is slim enough to work on a second
25 > generation netbook (terrible SSD, 512MB RAM) is something you can
26 > probably not do with any other distribution.
27 >
28 > Regards,
29 > Florian Philipp