From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [off topic] Opteron CPU missing chips on the bottom
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 13:51:59
1 I purchased a used g34 opteron off of fleabay (sold as working with no
2 mention of this) and I noticed that it is missing some of the bits on
3 the bottom and that most of them are crooked, I haven't tried it in my
4 system yet and I am wondering should return it? or if there isn't any
5 much risk of it damaging my (expensive kgpe-d16) motherboard and I
6 should see if it works?
7
8 Igot it for half the usual price....guess I should have asked for photos.
9
10 I noticed many CPU's sold on ebay have this issue (in those cases they
11 mentioned it) but I can't understand how it happens, for instance I
12 noticed a 6386 for sale where they mentioned that it was missing a few
13 and because of that it doesn't work in a dual socket configuration.