From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg Issues
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:19:18
1 Michael Shaw wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I’m new to Gentoo (and relatively new to Linux in general). I’m
6 > running it in VMWare as I evaluate systems to ultimately replace
7 > Windows. I really like the speed of Gentoo and think the portage
8 > system is excellent.
9 >
10 > Yesterday I emerged gnome-light and am able to startx as root, but not
11 > as a normal user. This seems like a permissions problem to me.
12 > However, I have not found anything on Google to point me in the write
13 > direction.
14 >
15 > Please find attached my X11 start up log from my regular user account.
16 > Hopefully someone can help.
17 >
18 ...
19
20 > (**) Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
21 > (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/mouse
22 > No such file or directory.
23 > (EE) Mouse0: cannot open input device
24 > (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Mouse0"
27 Here is the problem. This path should probably be /dev/input/mice
28
29 -Richard
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list