From: Michael Shaw <mshaw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg Issues
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:30:22
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > Michael Shaw wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi all,
6 >>
7 >> I’m new to Gentoo (and relatively new to Linux in general). I’m
8 >> running it in VMWare as I evaluate systems to ultimately replace
9 >> Windows. I really like the speed of Gentoo and think the portage
10 >> system is excellent.
11 >>
12 >> Yesterday I emerged gnome-light and am able to startx as root, but
13 >> not as a normal user. This seems like a permissions problem to me.
14 >> However, I have not found anything on Google to point me in the write
15 >> direction.
16 >>
17 >> Please find attached my X11 start up log from my regular user
18 >> account. Hopefully someone can help.
19 >>
20 > ...
21 >
22 >> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
23 >> (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/mouse
24 >> No such file or directory.
25 >> (EE) Mouse0: cannot open input device
26 >> (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Mouse0"
30 > Here is the problem. This path should probably be /dev/input/mice
31 >
32 > -Richard
33 >
34 Thanks, it worked as you said.