From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slightly OT - My new SSD.
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 03:28:36
1 On 03/18/2017 09:36 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hello, Gentoo.
3 >
4 > I've just bought myself a Samsung NVMe 960 EVO M.2 SSD. (Do I get a
5 > prize for the number of inscruitable abbreviations in a row? ;-) The
6 > idea is, this will form a core part of my new machine, just as soon as
7 > AMD Ryzen motherboards start being reasonably available.
10 I recently bought a ThinkPad P70 (it has two m.2 nvme ports.) I have a
11 960 EVO, decided to order the WD Black 250G nvme for Windoze so they
12 have their separate space.
13
14 The WD Black is supposed to be slower than the EVO but I don't use
15 Windows all that often anymore. The price was quite a bit cheaper than
16 the EVO.
17
18 I did install the EVO and the kernel I compiled already had support, so
19 I didn't have to do anything special. It did see it no problem, I think
20 I went to partition it but stopped - I am still waiting for the other
21 one to arrive so I can reconfigure my laptop and fiddle with them a bit.
22
23 Dan