From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kicad and complications from hdf5 and vtk USE flags. Not package specific tho.
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 12:14:03
1 Hi Miles,
2
3 This install is likely over 10 years old.  I might add, I copied a lot
4 of things over from my previous system which was a AMD 2500+ single core
5 puter.  In a way, some things could be dating back to around 2003 or
6 2004.  I use eix-test-obsolete to clean up package.* files but there
7 isn't much to clean up make.conf except to do it by hand.
8
9 That said, I disabled threads globally.  I also disabled a few other
10 things and enabled in package.use for those that really need it.  One
11 thing that confuses this, not all flags of one name does just one
12 thing.  It may do one thing for one package and another thing for other
13 package(s).  It makes things interesting.
14
15 I just got a nice clean emerge output while doing
16 kde-plasma/plasma-meta.  Once that is done, world is next but should be
17 little change.  I just hope old problems don't pop up again.
18
19 I keep forgetting to try flaggie.  I tend to edit by hand.  Recently,
20 I've started including notes on some entries.  I tend to forget why
21 something is there, sometimes even just a week later.  :/
22
23 Thanks for the help.
24
25 Dale
26
30 Miles Malone wrote:
31 > threads very rarely makes sense for anything, btw.
32 >
33 > On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 21:41, Miles Malone