From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How send mail when user login on ssh or local ?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:13:28
1 On Friday 31 July 2009 00:05:16 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > > Somebody know how I to so send mail with IP and Date/time when same
3 > > user login on shell ( remote or local ) ?
4 > >
5 > > I work with another admin's and I never told me when they access and
6 > > for what my server to do something, I try log but this can be erased
7 > > and maybe mail can help me about access and with this I can Ask about
8 > > this access.
9 >
10 > Do you really think the other admins would be erasing logs?
11
12 That's what I was thinking. If you don't trust the other admin, then either:
13
14 1. You need to stop being the admin, or
15 2. The other person needs to stop being the admin.
16
17 This is not a technical problem, it does not need a technical solution.
18 It is a human problem and it needs a human solution.
19
20 This sounds nasty. Of course it is nasty - it intended it to be. But it's also
21 true. In 25 years in this game, I have never found the above to be false.
22 Trying to do anything about it is a fool's game and down that path lies
23 madness.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com