From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Looking for SATA controller recommendation
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 22:32:17
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm looking to add three more drives to my system for a software RAID5
4 media volume. I've used all my motherboard SATA ports so need a SATA
5 controller. I don't want a hardware RAID controller (been there, burned
6 when controller died). 4 SATA2 ports is the minimum required. I have
7 both PCIe and PCI slots available. I do not need high performance as
8 the RAID will just contain media files for access in my home. I would
9 prefer a controller supported by normal kernel drivers. My preference
10 is to keep costs down (3 x 1 TB drives are costly enough :).
11
12 Any recommendations?
13
14 FYI, system is gentoo ~x86, Intel Q9300, Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6.
15
16 TIA,
17 Roy
18 --