From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Install Windows XP on Gentoo Laptop
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 01:28:24
1 Michael Higgins <linux <at> evolone.org> writes:
4 > I have a laptop with a spare partition waiting for WinXP, to install
5 > from Dell OEM disks that came originally.
6
7 > Is this possible? I understand XP will overwrite the MBR. So, I'd have
8 > to re-install grub & that's it? '-)
9
10 The easiest thing to do is install XP first. Then use the microsoft utilities
11 (I forget the name) to shrink down the size of the partition (usually about
12 50%). Then install Gentoo in the space that XP is not occupying.
15 James
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list