From: deface <deface@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Install Windows XP on Gentoo Laptop
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 02:09:30
1 Some OEM disks give you no alternative but to format all. Such as a
2 recovery partition. Always XP first.
3
4 deface
5
6 On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 01:27 +0000, James wrote:
7 > Michael Higgins <linux <at> evolone.org> writes:
10 > > I have a laptop with a spare partition waiting for WinXP, to install
11 > > from Dell OEM disks that came originally.
12 >
13 > > Is this possible? I understand XP will overwrite the MBR. So, I'd have
14 > > to re-install grub & that's it? '-)
15 >
16 > The easiest thing to do is install XP first. Then use the microsoft utilities
17 > (I forget the name) to shrink down the size of the partition (usually about
18 > 50%). Then install Gentoo in the space that XP is not occupying.
21 > James
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list