From: Nick Pappin <npappin@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] software raid, mdadm is not finding disks
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 19:58:32
1 Do you have the lsi fusion kernel driver installed?
4 W. Nick Pappin
5
6 On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Dave <dave.mehler@×××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > Hello,
9 > Thanks for your reply. I did change the type of the partitions on
10 > both disks to fd linux raid autodetect. When i rebooted in to the live CD i
11 > gave it the mdadm -A /dev/md3 /dev/sda3 /dev/sdb3 it found both drives and
12 > brought them up. I was then able to mount the array.
13 > In my kernel config file i do have CONFIG_MD_RAID1 set to Y.
14 > I've just tried compiling a genkernel and got the same error when i tried
16 > load it. Any suggestions welcome.
17 > Thanks.
18 > Dave.
19 >
20 > -----Original Message-----
21 > From: Nick Pappin [mailto:npappin@××××××××.org]
22 > Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:12 PM
23 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
24 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] software raid, mdadm is not finding disks
25 >
26 > A couple of things when you reboot into the live cd you need to tell mdadm
27 > to assemble the drive /dev/md3 with the command mdadm -A /dev/md3 /dev/sda3
28 > /dev/sdb3. As for the booting problem i think it may be that you are
29 > missing
30 > a driver did you put the md raid 1 driver into the kernel. Last Neil has a
31 > point when you ran fdisk did you change the partition type to auto detect
32 > raid.
33 >
34 > --
35 > W. Nick Pappin