From: Dave <dave.mehler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] software raid, mdadm is not finding disks
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 19:44:23
1 Hello,
2 Thanks for your reply. I did change the type of the partitions on
3 both disks to fd linux raid autodetect. When i rebooted in to the live CD i
4 gave it the mdadm -A /dev/md3 /dev/sda3 /dev/sdb3 it found both drives and
5 brought them up. I was then able to mount the array.
6 In my kernel config file i do have CONFIG_MD_RAID1 set to Y.
7 I've just tried compiling a genkernel and got the same error when i tried to
8 load it. Any suggestions welcome.
9 Thanks.
10 Dave.
11
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: Nick Pappin [mailto:npappin@××××××××.org]
14 Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:12 PM
15 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
16 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] software raid, mdadm is not finding disks
17
18 A couple of things when you reboot into the live cd you need to tell mdadm
19 to assemble the drive /dev/md3 with the command mdadm -A /dev/md3 /dev/sda3
20 /dev/sdb3. As for the booting problem i think it may be that you are missing
21 a driver did you put the md raid 1 driver into the kernel. Last Neil has a
22 point when you ran fdisk did you change the partition type to auto detect
23 raid.
26 W. Nick Pappin