From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help to compile a minimal wine
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 05:23:14
1 On 09/23 06:39, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 1:21 PM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I want to compile wine to execute a single commandline tool.
6 > > That's it.
7 > >
8 > > The commandline tool is the AVR-assembler made by ATmel to recompile
9 > > a FORTH interpreter for the AVR-line of microcontrollers of
10 > > ATMEL/Micorchip:
13 > Are you sure you need the assembler as released by Atmel? Most of
14 > their development work seems to have gone to AVR-GCC. Is the syntax of
15 > avrasm2 unique and are there any features that are not implemented in
16 > GNU as?
17 >
18 > > avrasm2.exe: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
19 > >
20 > > [...]
21 > >
22 > > (My system is not multilib.)
25 > As "WINE is Not an Emulator" it seems to me like you will either need
26 > to reinstall as a multilib system, or set up an x86 chroot or
27 > container to run the assembler.
28 >
29 > There is a small possibility that WINE's WOW64 support (the thing that
30 > runs Win32 executables on Win64) does not require multilib, but if so
31 > then they would have needed to reimplement large parts of multilib and
32 > certain kernel facilities. It does not seem likely that they would
33 > have done this.
34 >
35 > Looking at https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Wine#Shared_WoW64 it seems
36 > like there is an implicit dependency on a multlib system. Most Linux
37 > distributions are multilib, likely because it is necessary to support
38 > many closed source Linux programs.
39 >
40 > Cheers,
41 > R0b0t1
45 Yes, unfortunately I am sure that I need the ATmel-thingy...
46
47 Amforth as Flashforth are written in ATmel Assembler and based
48 on/compiled with avrasm2...I talked to the developers in beforehand.
49
50 How can I compile a minimal wine (as described) for my puposes?
51
52 Cheers
53 Meino