From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help to compile a minimal wine
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 18:39:56
1 On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 1:21 PM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to compile wine to execute a single commandline tool.
5 > That's it.
6 >
7 > The commandline tool is the AVR-assembler made by ATmel to recompile
8 > a FORTH interpreter for the AVR-line of microcontrollers of
9 > ATMEL/Micorchip:
12 Are you sure you need the assembler as released by Atmel? Most of
13 their development work seems to have gone to AVR-GCC. Is the syntax of
14 avrasm2 unique and are there any features that are not implemented in
15 GNU as?
16
17 > avrasm2.exe: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
18 >
19 > [...]
20 >
21 > (My system is not multilib.)
24 As "WINE is Not an Emulator" it seems to me like you will either need
25 to reinstall as a multilib system, or set up an x86 chroot or
26 container to run the assembler.
27
28 There is a small possibility that WINE's WOW64 support (the thing that
29 runs Win32 executables on Win64) does not require multilib, but if so
30 then they would have needed to reimplement large parts of multilib and
31 certain kernel facilities. It does not seem likely that they would
32 have done this.
33
34 Looking at https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Wine#Shared_WoW64 it seems
35 like there is an implicit dependency on a multlib system. Most Linux
36 distributions are multilib, likely because it is necessary to support
37 many closed source Linux programs.
38
39 Cheers,
40 R0b0t1