From: Jason Carson <jay@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to do port-based routing?
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:11:23
1 > I'm trying to figure out how to do port-based routing. I found
2 > a HOWTO that does pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do:
3 >
4 > http://www.linuxhorizon.ro/iproute2.html
5 >
6 > However, it's using iptables, which I thought was deprecated,
7 > but there are iptables versions as recent at three months ago,
8 > so it still seems to be maintained. The above page has
9 > references to the "Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control"
10 > site at www.lartc.org, but that site appears to be long-gone.
11 >
12 > What's the recommended interface for doing advanced routing
13 > stuff?
14
15 There are many interfaces but they are all frontends to iptables.
16 Personally I just did a lot of reading and built my firewall from scratch.
17
18 > --
19 > Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... If I had heart
20 > at failure right now,
21 > visi.com I couldn't be a more
22 > fortunate man!!
23 >