From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT encfs] When encfs gets hungup
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:13:15
1 On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:09:42 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > But an admitted pedantic response deserves a reply from the OED :P
4 >
5 > ...which is no more than an observer of trends. It offers precious
6 > little help in what one ought to do.
7
8 Isn't that how language develops, through trends? My point in quoting
9 the OED was that it is a real word, I made no claims that it was a good
10 word, in fact I indicated otherwise.
11
12 > A few years ago our Queen uttered a solecism (well, it had to happen
13 > sooner or later, and as far as I know it's the only one).
14
15 How did they know, was it in a voicemail message?
16
17 > The gutter press were
18 > delighted to announce a new usage: "if it's good enough for the queen,
19 > it's good enough for the rest of us".
20
21 She made a mistake with English, I made a mistake with English. If it's
22 good enough for her for the Queen...
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.