From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] KDE desktop vanishing
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 21:42:58
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 05 November 2014 13:26:11 I wrote:
3 >> If you mean .kde4, no I don't copy that, on the assumption that it would
4 >> include whatever quirk had caused my vanishing-desktop problem.
5 > Now this is getting weirder. Just now I followed the clicks to create a new
6 > activity, then chose "Clone current activity" and lo! and behold! my desktop
7 > sprang into view.
8 >
9 > What the devil is going on? How many "activities" do I now have?
12 I had something weird like this about ever since KDE4 was brought in
13 that finally got fixed. I use the "Folder" layout on mine. Just about
14 every time I would login, no folders. Sometimes I could logout and back
15 in and they would show up. Usually I had to right click, select the
16 edit menu and change something and hit apply for them to show back up.
17 This had been going on for a really long time. Then a few months ago, I
18 noticed they started working again. I don't recall doing anything that
19 made it do it but a good while back I did rename the .kde4 directory and
20 get a fresh start.
21
22 Point is, sometimes KDE does something weird and eventually they get
23 around to fixing it. It sure is annoying until they get it fixed tho.
24
25 Have you checked to see if there is a bug reported on the KDE bug
26 tracker? If you can't figure it out and sure it is not a setting of
27 your own, may want to file one. Given that you tried a fresh .kde4
28 directory, I don't see how it could be something you did.
29
30 Dale
31