From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Things that can be improved
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 21:47:44
1 On Friday 07 July 2006 21:22, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
2
3 > Second thing that I'd improve is a security one. I know that "emerge"
4 > is a very cared package, but it is a script. Suppose that someone
5 > commits portage with a emerge failure in its code (he forgot a comma
6 > !!)... if someone updates portage won't be able to update it again
7 > because it will fail ever and ever again... So I suggest to have a
8 > backuped emerge script that we are sure that worked (like the last
9 > emerge tool that was used), and if the new emerge tool is mistaken (so
10 > that user doesn't need to know python) only has to run "regenemerge" for
11 > example, and will have the latest emerge working tool.
12
13 once upon a time, there was a portage-rescue....
14
15 seems, that it is gone (why?) but you can still find it here:
16 http://dev.gentoo.org/~carpaski/portage_rescue/
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list