From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --newuse misses package that new USE affects
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:44:02
1 On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:16:40 -0800, glen martin wrote:
2
3 > As an aside, I wonder whether it is a good feature idea that
4 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="<keyword>" emerge <foo>
5 > without --oneshot should automatically add <foo> <keyword> to the
6 > package.keywords file.
7
8 It's a bad idea. Specifying a setting on the command line is temporary,
9 and is useful when used as such. Making a setting the user intends to be
10 temporary permanent is a recipe for disaster.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 I couldn't possibly be wrong. I use an error correcting modem!