From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 monster rebuild forced? Can I defer it?
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:58:51
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I thought it was ccache? I did this a while back too. Is this
4 > something else we can use in addition to ccache?
5
6 confcache caches the results of all those ./configure runs, so that,
7 in theory, a check would only be done once. This would indeed speedup
8 ./cnfigure runs.
9
10 ccache caches compiled "stuff". If you recompile a package (or a similar
11 package), not everything has to be compiled again.
12
13 Alexander Skwar
14 --
15 What, after all, is a halo? It's only one more thing to keep clean.
16 -- Christopher Fry
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list