From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 monster rebuild forced? Can I defer it?
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:02:32
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
5 >> I thought it was ccache? I did this a while back too. Is this
6 >> something else we can use in addition to ccache?
9 > confcache caches the results of all those ./configure runs, so that,
10 > in theory, a check would only be done once. This would indeed speedup
11 > ./cnfigure runs.
12 >
13 > ccache caches compiled "stuff". If you recompile a package (or a similar
14 > package), not everything has to be compiled again.
15 >
16 > Alexander Skwar
17 >
18 So I need to add this too huh?? I'll have to check into this. I'm all
19 for speed. < zoom >
20
21 Dale
23 --