From: Greg Bur <greg.bur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommend me a good PCMCIA wireless network card
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:59:11
1 On 7/23/05, Ian K <omega_2_1@×××××.ca> wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 > I have an older laptop that I want to add to my network,
4 > (its a 802.11B one) and I was wondering what brands/models
5 > would work the best under Linux. Im fairly flexible, and would
6 > really not like to tinker with too many drivers. Any good ideas?
7 > Thanks!
8
9 I've always had good luck with cards that use the Orinoco chipset and
10 the only time I've had to tinder with drivers was when I wanted to get
11 Kismet working with the card. You should be able to pick one up for
12 under $50. Check out http://www.proxim.com or
13 http://www.buffalotech.com for more details.
17 http://pizon.org
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list