From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ALSA - Still No Sound
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 09:30:09
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 26 February 2011 21:53:52 walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> There is a very recent post from someone (Walter?) that says he got audio
5 >> only after compiling all the kernel sound features as modules, but he has
6 >> no idea why (nor do I) but, as no one yet has a better idea, I'd try it as
7 >> an experiment.
8 >>
9 > Because alsaconf needs to probe one module at a time and set its parameters.
12 Just to confuse things more, I have the same driver for my sound and I
13 build everything into my kernel and always have. The sound worked as
14 soon as I unmuted it.
15
16 root@fireball / # cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep REALTEK
17 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=y