From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge error
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:22:06
1 Michael Smith schreef:
2 >> John Fawcett wrote:
3
4 >> I'm new to gentoo and I wonder if someone can point me in the right
5 >> direction to resovle the following kind of problem.
6 >>
7 >> I have run emerge mysql and get the following output: Calculating
8 >> dependencies /!!! Cannot resolve a virtual package name to an
9 >> ebuild. !!! This is a bug, please report it.
10 >> (virtual/perl-Storable-2.13)
11 >>
12 >> What should I do, is it really a bug, and who should it be reported
13 >> to? thanks
14
15 > Hmm, I can't find any open bugs on this in bugs.gentoo.org, so I
16 > guess it's new.
17 >
18 > You should register a new account at bugs.gentoo.org and report it.
19 > Before you do, make sure you run emerge --sync and see if the problem
20 > goes away.
21
22 It very well might:
23
24 eix perl-Storable
25 * virtual/perl-Storable
26 Available versions: 2.07 2.13 2.15
27 Installed: none
28 Homepage: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/perl/
32 The point being, that there *is* no other ebuild *but*
33 virtual/perl-Storable, so the fact that it cannot be found/resolved
34 seems very likely to be a sync issue of some sort rather than a bug,
35 /per se/, especially since this is the "middle" available version.
36
37 What version of mysql are you attempting to install, John, and what ARCH
38 are you running (emerge info)?
39
40 Holly
41 --