From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /home doesn't umount on shutdown
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:06:46
1 On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:47:46 +0700
2 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > On Jan 15, 2013 7:59 PM, "Alan McKinnon" <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:09:56 +0000
8 > > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:57:21 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
11 > > >
12 > > > > On the rare occasion when I reboot or shut this laptop down, it
13 > > > > continually and consistently gets stuck on one of the final
14 > > > > steps, to umount /home
15 > > >
16 > > > If you logout as your user(s) so only root is logged in, does lsof
17 > > > show any hits for /home?
18 > >
19 > > Only 1 hit - a background ssh process that sets up a bunch of
20 > > tunnels and port forwards so I can get into the corporate network
21 > > for anywhere.
24 [snip]
25
26 > A bit roundabout, but you can also try making a 'pseudo-service'.
27 > Make it 'depend' on a late-stage service so it starts last, and shuts
28 > down early. The stop() part of the pseudo-service should perform an
29 > lsof >> a file (in a directory still available during the last throes
30 > of OpenRC like, say, /etc).
31 >
32 > I hope I'm making sense...
33
34 Makes perfect sense, a good idea actually :-)
35
36 Easiest would be to echo lsof to the console, I only need it if umount
37 hangs and it will be there and visible. If umount worked it won't be
38 visible and not needed either
42 Alan McKinnon
43 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com