From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Tips/Tricks for Gentoo on low-spec computer?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:20:50
1 On 2009-01-20, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> I believe he means that generally speaking, trying to build OO from source
4 >> on a low-end (and especially low RAM) machine is ill-advised and can often
5 >> be the cause of build failures as OO is well known to require a lot of RAM
6 >> and hdd space while it compiles.
7 >
8 > I know it needs 5gb+ of tmpdir space, but compiling it with 256mb may
9 > be futile :)
10
11 It's been chugging away for about 30 hours now, so we'll see. :)
14 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Are we laid back yet?
15 at
16 visi.com