From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving house . . . /home
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:47:19
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I have a new install and I want to move as little as possible to the new
7 >> /home partition. I really only want to save my emails and the filters
8 >> and nothing else. What do I need to copy to do this? I use Mozilla,
9 >> well Seamonkey now, for my email.
10 >>
11 >> I would even like to loose some of the settings in Mozilla if I can.
12 >>
13 >> Thanks
14 >>
15 >> Dale
16 >>
17 >> :-) :-)
20 > Doesn't "rm -r /new-home/Dale/.mozilla ; cp -a /old-home/Dale/.mozilla
21 > /new-home/Dale/" work?
25 I'm not sure to be honest. I have this too:
26
27 > root@smoker / # ls -l /home/dale/
28 > total 371
29 > drwxrwxr-x 4 dale users 400 Sep 19 20:20 Desktop
30 > drwxrwxr-x 21 dale users 2560 Jan 23 2006 Mail
31 > <<< SNIP >>>
32 > root@smoker / #
33 I wasn't sure if the Mail directory needs to go or not. This install is
34 about 3 years old. I used to use Kmail but I'm not sure if this is left
35 overs from that or if Seamonkey uses it. I wanted to make sure before I
36 did it though.
37
38 I also wanted to loose all the Seamonkey, Mozilla, settings because I
39 can not get adblock to work anymore. All it ever says is "pending". I
40 wanted to keep email for sure and filters !IF! I can. I'll redo the
41 filters if I need to.
42
43 Won't copying the whole .mozilla directory copy settings and all?
44
45 Dale
46
48 --