From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel BUG
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:40:37
1 On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:33:09 -0200
2 Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
3
4 > >>
5 > >> For about a week, my workstation has been crashing every day or so.
6 > >> Typically it happens late at night while BackupPC is backing up a
7 > >> hard drive. With "tail -F /var/log/messages" running I saw EXT3
8 > >> mentioned a few days ago and started suspecting a hard drive
9 > >> problem.
10
11 ... [snip]....
12
13 > >>
14 > >> Is there a better way to capture the full BUG output???
15 > >> Once I have the full BUG output, what's the next useful thing to
16 > >> do?
17 > >>
18 >
19 > > join the lkml (linux kernel mailing list) and let them know about
20 > > it?
23 > For a patched kernel like gentoo-sources, wouldn't it be appropriate
24 > better to file a bug report at Gentoo's bugzilla?
25
26 At the moment I'm trying to capture the full BUG output. Once I have
27 that, I'll report it and (likely) switch to a different kernel
28 version with hopes of having a reliable system once again.
31 David