From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Argh, palemoon again ** 3 [Was: GCC 5.4.0]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 18:16:57
1 On 2017-04-24 14:44, Mick wrote:
16 > gcc-config -l
17 > [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.9.4
18 > [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-5.4.0 *
19 >
20 > 4. Source the new profile:
21 >
22 > . /etc/profile
23 >
24 > 5. Rebuild all packages that have a dependency on libstdc++.so.6':
25 >
26 > revdep-rebuild --library 'libstdc++.so.6' -- --exclude gcc
27 >
28 > 6. Clean old versions of gcc you no longer need:
29 >
30 > emerge --depclean -a -v
31
32 And now I know why I was afraid of this. It was there in the back of my
33 mind, but stack height was too large.
34
35 Quoting palemoon-*.eclass:
36
37 gcc-5_error() {
38 eerror "You are currently on a gcc 5.* compiler profile."
39 eerror "Building Pale Moon with gcc >=5 results in a very unstable build."
40 eerror "You can use gcc-config to change your compiler profile,"
41 eerror "just remember to change it back afterwards."
42 eerror "You need to have the appropriate versions of gcc installed"
43 eerror "for them to be shown in gcc-config."
44 }
45
46 And sure enough, palemoon is one of the packages revdep-rebuild wants to
47 make over.
48
49 So - what to do? I can't live without palemoon now. Does it make sense
50 to exclude it (as in '-- --exclude gcc palemoon') and keep the old gcc
51 slot around? I guess that will work if palemoon is linked with the
52 -rpath option.
53
54 Or do I have to mask gcc-5 until palemoon is fixed (and will it ever be?)
57 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
58 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
59 Don't clear-text sign:
60 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html