From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] samba mount on fstab
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:17:49
1 no, it doesn´t work, any more clues ?
2
3 On 5/23/06, Norman Rieß <norman@×××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > >
6 > > I am trying to let a samba mount on my fstab withopu success,
7 > > I got :
8 > > //csdc/EngSoftware /mnt/engsoft smbfs
9 > > username=commodity\\allan,noauto 0 0
10 > >
11 > > ont fstab, if I try to mount /mnt/engsoft, it asks the password and
12 > > could not complit the mount.
13 > > if I do mount -t smbfs -o username=commodity\\allan //csdc/EngSoftware
14 > > /mnt/engsoft it ask for the password and works.
15 > >
16 > > I have I done wrong, or what Can I make to lets this work better.
17 > >
18 > > Thanks, Allan
22 > You can set a password in the fstab.
23 > I use this:
24 >
25 > //192.168.0.2/Temp /mnt/temp smbfs
26 > user,uid=smash,gid=users,password= 0 0
27 >
28 > Works fine here.
29 > Perhaps not the cleanest way.
30 >
31 > Norman
32 >
33 > --
34 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
40 An application asked:
41 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
42 so I´ve installed Linux
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list