From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] samba mount on fstab
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:54:54
1 > Hi all,
2 >
3 > I am trying to let a samba mount on my fstab withopu success,
4 > I got :
5 > //csdc/EngSoftware /mnt/engsoft smbfs
6 > username=commodity\\allan,noauto 0 0
7 >
8 > ont fstab, if I try to mount /mnt/engsoft, it asks the password and
9 > could not complit the mount.
10 > if I do mount -t smbfs -o username=commodity\\allan //csdc/EngSoftware
11 > /mnt/engsoft it ask for the password and works.
12 >
13 > I have I done wrong, or what Can I make to lets this work better.
14 >
15 > Thanks, Allan
19 You can set a password in the fstab.
20 I use this:
21
22 //192.168.0.2/Temp /mnt/temp smbfs
23 user,uid=smash,gid=users,password= 0 0
24
25 Works fine here.
26 Perhaps not the cleanest way.
27