From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluefish colours
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:58:34
1 On Sunday 19 Feb 2017 15:25:30 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 16 Feb 2017 15:42:08 I wrote:
3 > > Has anyone here any experience of Bluefish? I want to use it in website
4 > > development but I can't. Its menus use a background of very pale grey and
5 > > a text colour of white. Even with a magnifying glass I can't make out
6 > > most of what it's showing me.
7 > >
8 > > How can I tell it to be like everyone else and use black as its default
9 > > working colour?
10 >
11 > Today I installed www-client/chromium in place of www-client/google-chrome.
12 > It took 88 minutes! on this i7 box with 12 x 6600 bogomips and an NVMe
13 > drive.
14 >
15 > Every page it tries to display is blank. I suppose this must be connected
16 > somehow.
17 >
18 > Any bells ringing anywhere?
19
20 I don't have an answer for the bluefish button colours, but just an idea that
21 different Gnome themes may be also applied on the Bluefish application since
22 it uses Gtk.
23
24 Regarding your Chromium problem, have you configured your kernel/firmware/x11
25 video drivers to use hardware acceleration? Chromium uses hardware
26 acceleration if available and the problem of blank pages may be relevant, but
27 I am not sure. Try this in the address bar to see what it reports:
28
29 chrome://gpu
32 Regards,
33 Mick