From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GnuPG Trouble - Found Problem, Need Solution
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:58:20
1 lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
2 > More news:
3 >
4 > I successfully got GnuPG 1.9 installed, and then a new problem arose.
5 > Configuration.
6 >
7 > I went to http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html#gnupg and followed the
8 > instructions to the best of my ability, and yet I still get this:
9 >
10 > lsauron@localhost ~/.gnupg $ eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
11 > gpg-agent[10716]: /home/lsauron/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf:1: invalid option
12
13 The first line in the .gnupg/gpg-agent.conf is wrong. It's an
14 invalid option.
15
16 > I'm totally stumped. I didn't find anything in /usr/local/bin like
17
18 Why did you expect anything in /usr/local/bin, when you installed
19 a Gentoo package?
20
21 > kmail.kde.org said, however, /usr/bin/gpg-agent is really odd in that it's
22 > not actually there (I don't think - I can't cd to it):
23
24 Why do you try to cd to it? What do you think that this is supposed
25 to do?
26
27 > lsauron@localhost ~ $ cd /usr/bin
28 > lsauron@localhost /usr/bin $ ls | find gpg-agent
29 > gpg-agent
30 > lsauron@localhost /usr/bin $ cd gpg-agent
31 > bash: cd: gpg-agent: Not a directory
32
33 The system is telling you, that there is something, but it's
34 just "Not a directory".
35
36 [10:05:09 vz6tml@dewup-ww02:~] $ cd not-there
37 bash: cd: not-there: No such file or directory
38 [10:05:11 vz6tml@dewup-ww02:~] $ cd trace.log
39 bash: cd: trace.log: Not a directory
40
41 > I'm rather confused. Any help?
42
43 Get a Linux tutorial.
44
45 Alexander Skwar
46 --
47 Inara: "I just want to know who I'm dealing with. I've seen too many versions
48 of you to be sure."
49
50 Mal: "I start fighting a war I guarantee you'll see something new."
51 --
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list