From: lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GnuPG Trouble - Found Problem, Need Solution
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:37:28
1 More news:
2
3 I successfully got GnuPG 1.9 installed, and then a new problem arose.
4 Configuration.
5
6 I went to http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html#gnupg and followed the
7 instructions to the best of my ability, and yet I still get this:
8
9 lsauron@localhost ~/.gnupg $ eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
10 gpg-agent[10716]: /home/lsauron/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf:1: invalid option
11
12 so, ~lsauron/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf looks like this:
13
14 lsauron@localhost ~ $ cat ~lsauron/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf
15 gpg-agent /usr/bin/gpg-agent
16 no-grab
19 I'm totally stumped. I didn't find anything in /usr/local/bin like
20 kmail.kde.org said, however, /usr/bin/gpg-agent is really odd in that it's
21 not actually there (I don't think - I can't cd to it):
22
23 lsauron@localhost ~ $ cd /usr/bin
24 lsauron@localhost /usr/bin $ ls | find gpg-agent
25 gpg-agent
26 lsauron@localhost /usr/bin $ cd gpg-agent
27 bash: cd: gpg-agent: Not a directory
28
29 I'm rather confused. Any help? I know I did something wrong, but I'm too
30 close to the solution to even entertain the thought of giving up!
31
32 Oh, and the dialog that prompted for gnupg 1.9, it now says that it detected
33 the install but gpg-agent isn't running. That's why I'm happy - I'm very
34 very close to getting this thing to work!