From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: buying a keyboard
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:49:24
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 090604 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thursday 04 June 2009 16:39:39 Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Ajai Khattri wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> About once a year, I wash all my keyboards (no, seriously).
9 >>>> Dishwasher, quick wash, cold, leave somewhere warm to dry couple days.
10 >>>>
11 >>> When I was working on computers, I used to clean them with pure alcohol
12 >>> then lay them on top of the A/C condenser, you know, the hot part.
13 >>>
14 >> IBM system M keyboard ... best keyboard ever made.
17 > I'm still using the keyboard which came with my Sanyo XT in 1989 :
18 > lives on dust + crumbs, never cleaned, works as well as when I got it.
19 > Secret ? -- actually made in Japan ... (grin)
23 Secret, it actually has a switch instead of some touchy crap. While
24 that switch is not completely sealed, it does keep out most stuff. Of
25 course, Coke will upset it's tummy pretty quick.
26
27 Jeez, I liked those keyboards.
28
29 Dale