From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Still not getting how to influence compile flags with emerge
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:59:26
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I want to influence how vim is compiled. I'm told I need a compile
3 > option called: xterm_clipboard. How do I tell emerge to enable that
4 > at compile time?
5
6 USE=vim-with-x emerge vim
7
8 > I've been told its done with USE flags but it still isn't clear to mw
9 > how the details work
10
11 USE flags control how a program is made. Most of the time,
12 USE flags will control how a program is compiled (which
13 will most of the time mean, how "configure" is called). But
14 it can also influence other things (eg. where stuff is
15 installed...).
16
17 > I'm still not sure what emerge output really means when you run a
18 > pretend install and various flags are displayed with + or minus
19
20 + -> flag is set
21 - -> flag is NOT set
22
23 > Does it mean that the flags displayed are the only ones I can adjust?
24
25 Yes.
26
27 Alexander Skwar
28 --
29 Men of quality are not afraid of women for equality.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list