From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Still not getting how to influence compile flags with emerge
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:45:33
1 I want to influence how vim is compiled. I'm told I need a compile
2 option called: xterm_clipboard. How do I tell emerge to enable that
3 at compile time?
4
5 I've been told its done with USE flags but it still isn't clear to mw
6 how the details work
7
8 I'm still not sure what emerge output really means when you run a
9 pretend install and various flags are displayed with + or minus
10
11 root # emerge -v -p -uD vim
12
13 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
14
15 Calculating dependencies ...done!
16 [ebuild N ] app-editors/vim-6.4 -acl -bash-completion -cscope +gpm
17 -minimal +nls +perl +python -ruby -vim-with-x 4,752 kB
18
19 Does it mean that the flags displayed are the only ones I can adjust?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list