From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing names of LOTS of files, adding to them actually.
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 10:56:51
1 On 12/01/2011 10:34:33 AM, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 1 December 2011, at 01:49, Dale wrote:
4 > > ...
5 > > I ran into a problem. I been downloading a lot of TV shows. I
6 > forgot to put a sort of important part in the names. This is what I
7 > have with the full path:
8 > >
9 > > /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Season 1, Episode 1 -
10 > Pilot.mp4
11 > >
12 > > This is what I need it to be:
13 > >
14 > > /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Person of Interest -
15 > Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot.mp4
16 > >
17 > > Basically, I need to add the name of the show to the name of the
18 > file. They will all be added to the front of the names. They also
19 > almost all contain spaces, which means some fancy footwork with the
20 > \.
21 >
22 > I see you've renamed your files already, but as a reference answer:
23 >
24 > `rename` from sys-apps/util-linux is ok.
25 >
26 > sys-apps/renameutils should be installed on every system, IMO, and
27 > aliased thus in your .bashrc:
28 >
29 > alias qmv="qmv -f do"
30 > alias qcp="qcp -f do"
31 >
32 > Set $EDITOR to vi, and renaming TV shows becomes quick and easy.
35 I prefer sys-apps/pyrenamer which is (IMHO) even more comfortable.
36
37 Helmut.