From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing names of LOTS of files, adding to them actually.
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:36:12
1 On 1 December 2011, at 01:49, Dale wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I ran into a problem. I been downloading a lot of TV shows. I forgot to put a sort of important part in the names. This is what I have with the full path:
4 >
5 > /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot.mp4
6 >
7 > This is what I need it to be:
8 >
9 > /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Person of Interest - Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot.mp4
10 >
11 > Basically, I need to add the name of the show to the name of the file. They will all be added to the front of the names. They also almost all contain spaces, which means some fancy footwork with the \.
12
13 I see you've renamed your files already, but as a reference answer:
14
15 `rename` from sys-apps/util-linux is ok.
16
17 sys-apps/renameutils should be installed on every system, IMO, and aliased thus in your .bashrc:
18
19 alias qmv="qmv -f do"
20 alias qcp="qcp -f do"
21
22 Set $EDITOR to vi, and renaming TV shows becomes quick and easy.
23
24 Stroller.