From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:58:54
1 On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 16:32:25 -0400
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > 150321 German wrote:
5 > > If I run poweroff from root, the system shuts down.
6 > > When I run poweroff from user -- command not found.
7 > > How to shut down the system from user ?
8 >
9 > I'ld say "Don't" : it's contrary to the principles of Unix,
10 > which separate the roles of sysadmin (root) from those of ordinary users.
11 >
12 > To shut down, I first exit Fluxbox via its menu,
13 > then 'su' + root password, then alias 'down' = 'shutdown -h now'.
14 > That observes the proper roles + ceremonies (smile).
15
16 Interesting. But as I said ealier, I can reboot the system when I am a user by Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The user can reboot the system, but can't shut down? Strange
17 >
18 > --
20 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
28 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>