From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:32:35
1 150321 German wrote:
2 > If I run poweroff from root, the system shuts down.
3 > When I run poweroff from user -- command not found.
4 > How to shut down the system from user ?
5
6 I'ld say "Don't" : it's contrary to the principles of Unix,
7 which separate the roles of sysadmin (root) from those of ordinary users.
8
9 To shut down, I first exit Fluxbox via its menu,
10 then 'su' + root password, then alias 'down' = 'shutdown -h now'.
11 That observes the proper roles + ceremonies (smile).
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca