From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shadow Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 10
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:42:00
1 On 06/13/2018 10:00 AM, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:18 AM, <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I run on Gentoo in Virtual Box Windows 7 and trying to connect to
4 >> Windows 10
5 >>
6 >> X2go - doesn't work on Windows 10
7 >> RDS Connection in from Windows 7 to Windows 10 work but not in "shadow".
8 >>
9 >> Any suggestion what else to try?
12 > What do you mean by shadow?
13
14 By "shadow" I mean can log-in into the same X-Session as the user is
15 running.
16 When I tried to connect from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using RDS I got
17 connected but the user at Windows 10 was logged out automatically. When
18 the user on Windows 10 logged IN I got disconnected.
19
20 I use X2go from between Gentoo boxes works very well, even controlling
21 Windows 7 running in VirtualBox on remote system.
22
23 The problem one of the remote systems is running Windows 10 (stand alone).
24
25 > There are a few options:
26 > 1) Have VirtualBox run a remote desktop server. You would connect to
27 > VirtualBox, not the guest system.
28 > 2) RDPWrap (https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap) - This would allow
29 > you to log in multiple times via Terminal Services to your local
30 > machine. You could run VirtualBox on another account or on another
31 > session of your normal account.
32 > 3) X2Go - This is really the best option I have used recently.
33 > 4) FreeNX - This may be defunct now, and may still depend on the
34 > proprietary parts of NxMachine.
35 > 5) XRDP (http://www.xrdp.org/) - This is an open source Terminal
36 > Services compatible server.
37 > 6) X forwarding - There are X servers for Windows and OSX.
38 >
39 > I'd strongly recommend against #1. It is easy to set up at first but
40 > becomes hard to integrate your experience between remote and local
41 > systems. If you can spare the time I would recommend trying #4, RDP,
42 > save its security, is actually a fairly feature-complete protocol,
43 > supporting things like tunneling local devices to the remote machine.
44 >
45 > Cheers,
46 > R0b0t1