From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 07:27:26
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 14:41:12 +0200, lee wrote:
3 >
4 >>> On Linux now there's the Magic SysRq Key feature for that.
5 >> I always can't remember which keys to press with that, so I have it
6 >> disabled.
7 > BUSIER backwards.
8 >
9 >> And when the keyboard is unresponsive, it won't work.
10 > It usually does. The kernel sees the Magic key events directly, so even
11 > if your X server has crashed, it will still respond to Alt-SysReq.
15 I used that on a few puters. I don't recall this ever not working. X
16 may not see the keyboard but the kernel does. It's a life saver at
17 times too. At least you can sync and unmount cleanly.
18
19 Dale
20