From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 22:38:05
1 On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 14:41:12 +0200, lee wrote:
2
3 > > On Linux now there's the Magic SysRq Key feature for that.
4 >
5 > I always can't remember which keys to press with that, so I have it
6 > disabled.
7
8 BUSIER backwards.
9
10 > And when the keyboard is unresponsive, it won't work.
11
12 It usually does. The kernel sees the Magic key events directly, so even
13 if your X server has crashed, it will still respond to Alt-SysReq.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Linux users do it without paying a Bill