From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bitwarden, anyone?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:05:40
1 On Tuesday, 16 June 2020 09:43:15 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 00:42:50 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > > So it can work, then. I just have to work out what I'm doing wrong.
4 > > > > I have a support request in with them; no reply yet.
5 > > >
6 > > > Do other AppImages work on your computer?
7 > >
8 > > This is the first one I've tried. Do you recommend any others in
9 > > particular?
10 >
11 > You could try this one: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
12 >
13 > I just wondered if your problem was with the BitWarden AppImages or
14 > AppImages in general.
15
16 It turns out that BitWarden requires execution of a program in /tmp. They said
17 to make sure /tmp wasn't mounted noexec!
18
19 So I created a ~/.cache/bwtmp directory and passed TMPDIR= to bitwarden, but
20 then it threw another error. I'd better take this up with BitWarden.
21
22 Wynn Wolf Arbor suggested this explanation, but I can't find his message now.
23 (Is KMail playing up again?)
26 Regards,
27 Peter.