From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo RPi boot to ram or read-only FS?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 19:27:03
1 On Tue, 26 May 2020 20:13:29 +0100, antlists wrote:
2
3 > > Mounting the card with sync will significantly reduce the likelihood
4 > > of corruption, at a cost of reduced life.
5 > >
6 > Well, compared to a dead card, a reduced life is a small price to pay
7 > :-)
8
9 A dead card is a reduced life ;-)
10
11 > I think you're talking about a corrupted filesystem, I'm talking about
12 > a corrupt/dead card ...
13
14 I am. I still think the idea of a soft power button is the least complex
15 and most reliable approach.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I've got a Mickey Mouse PC with a Goofy operating system.