From: Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playing Audio and DVD cds!!!
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 19:39:49
1 > > mplayer dvd://
2 > > what is this and where do I do this?
3 > From any console/terminal you just type it...
4
5 OK when I do this, I am able to play DVDs in xine, mplayer, totem!
6 mplayer dvd://
7 totem dvd://
8 xine dvd://
9
10 > Well, I don't know much of gnome/had/dbus/automounter etc, but right
11 > now I would be happy if you were able to use those apps to lauch audio
12 > and DVDs.
13
14 OK, as mentioned above I can with the command line NOT through open
15 using the program its self
16
17 > Ok, let me gather some more info. When you play it with xine you see
18 > no errors right? When trying to play it with xmms or mplayer, what you
19 > get? Does the timer goes as it is playing and no sound, does it
20 > freezes, it simply do nothing?
21
22 when playing it in cd player (gnomes default) I get the metadata and
23 then click play its button changes then it goes back to the play
24 button as if there was no music on the cd
25
26 OK any other questions that would help please ask me :-)
27
28 Sincerely,
29 Christopoher
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list